Friday, December 12, 2008

Vampire Weekend

I recently went to see a Vampire Weekend show at Terminal 5, and I have to say, it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. While the opening bands left something to be desired (ie: functioning eardrums), Vampire Weekend didn't disappoint. The show was high-energy, the crowd was relatively tame, and VM actually sounded like they do on their amazing self-titled album. They played most of their album as well as a couple of new songs, including "Ottoman" from the Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist movie soundtrack.

For those of you unfamiliar with Vampire Weekend, their music is described as a mix of Afro-pop, Western classical music, and rock. ( =Indie pop?) Anyway, I highly recommend checking them out.

In other music news, my roommate and I had the pleasure of hearing Faith Hill's new single: "A Baby Changes Everything". Um...whaaaaaaaat?! I have to admit, it took me a couple of seconds to realize she was talking about little baby Jesus. Hmmmm. I generally love Faith Hill, but someone definitely gave her some bad advice. Fortunately for us, though, Ms. Hill herself dispenses good advice: a baby changes everything. Indeed.

Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment