Monday, March 9, 2009

Tyrone Wells

Last week, Star and I went to go see Pat McGee at the Highline Ballroom. He was opening for Tyrone Wells, who I had never heard of before. Of course, we knew what to expect with Pat and I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed his anecdotes and solo performance, but the highlight of the evening was definitely the headliner! (love new music!)

I've been to Highline before but this was the first time they had put tables in the audience as opposed to just having standing room. It was definitely a different vibe and a lot more intimate. Star and I decided to grab a table with a $10 minimum per guest, and ended up sharing the table with a couple who was clearly on a date. Can we say...awkward? But once we had a drink in hand, it was smooth sailing from there!

Pat and Keaton Simons each played and then sang a couple songs together, as well as with Radioactive, the beatboxer. It was nearing 10pm and Star and I were both tired, but we agreed to at least stay to hear the opening act play a song or two. Well, we were definitely in for a surprise because when Tyrone came on, the energy in the room rose a couple levels and the performance was quite good! His sound is pop/rock and reminded me a lot of Chris Daughtry. Anyway, definitely check him out and let me know what you think!

Happy Listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment