Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Neighborhood

Since it was such a nice day today, I decided to forego the gym and instead take a walk around my neighborhood. Because I moved in mid-November, I didn't have time to really explore the neighborhood since it was so cold out. Tonight, I headed over to Sunnyside Gardens which is known as one of America's first planned communities and was constructed in 1924. It's a residential block that has brick row houses of two and a half stories, and has front and rear gardens. The landscaped central court is shared by all of the residents. It basically looks like a suburb - quiet, cute, and lots of vegetation. I took some pictures of flowers and such but it really doesn't capture the beauty of the area. I guess you'll just have to come visit me!

You can see one of the brick houses in the background...




And here is Laura's garden. I love the variety of colors! One day I will have a garden this cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment