Monday, May 18, 2009

Barnard

I thought I would post some spring-y pictures of my campus! Nothing makes me happier than an abundance of white flowers...



One of the perks of working at Barnard is that I was able to go see Hillary speak at Commencement today. I had read her commencement speech from the NYU graduation last week, so I had high hopes for today's speech, especially being a Barnard grad. But I'm sorry to say, I was less than impressed with it. Her speech writer definitely did their homework and researched Barnard, its history, and what makes it unique, but all of her references didn't jive with the rest of her speech, which was about serving the country and the world. A great message, but one that we heard last week...at NYU. Oh well - this doesn't diminish my love for her though.

The Barnard graduation was unfortunately at Columbia because of construction on campus and the Commencement speaker, I'm sure, so I couldn't get too close, but I would say she was about 300 feet from me, which I think is still impressive!



What a great way to start off my second week of work! But I will say, no Commencement speech tops Anna Quindlen's speech from 2005. Definitely check it out if you want to be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment