Monday, May 4, 2009

Congratulations!!!

MY SISTER IS MARRIED!!!


That's right, folks! I have a brother-in-law! Woot!

Yesterday (wow, was it only yesterday?!) my lovely sister got married in Westchester. I thought I would post some pictures for you all to enjoy. Unfortunately, because I was running every which way during the first portion of the wedding and didn't relax until the tail end of the wedding, I didn't take all the fun pictures (ceremony, speech, etc.) But I'm fully confident the lovely photographer has that pretty covered. Hopefully I'll be able to share those with you in a month or so.

My sister and I got ready in the wine cellar, just off the patio, and had a cute little photo session. How apropos that my sister started her day in the wine cellar! Which now seems like she's an alcoholic or something, but what I meant was, she enjoys her wine. :) The ceremony was supposed to be out on the patio, but because of the rain, it was held indoors. I think it actually worked out better that way because it was cold anyway, and you could see the river, Jersey, and the sky out of the French doors inside the restaurant. Our family pastor conducted a personal and very relate-able ceremony, which was also lovely.

Afterwards, we partied with some DElicious Italian food (which I didn't take a picture of, unfortunately), wonderful music, and delightful company. My uncle and uncle's best friend and daughter flew in from Japan so it was great spending the weekend with them, and of course, my brother, who flew in from Seattle. He came with lots of surprises! (hint...permanent ink) And my mom wore a dress that she's had for over 30 years! All in all, it was a fun celebration and very representative of my sister and her HUSBAND. Lots of love and lots of food.

Most of all, I'm so glad to have another addition to the family. Actually, I guess we have an addition and a half, since Peanut (their cat) will also join the family. I like to call him "Killer" because of the picture below.

"Killer" at work.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures! (I only posted pics of my family and Doctor, because I'm not sure how people feel about them being on my blog and possibly not knowing it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment