Friday, June 19, 2009

Adora Disks

Hmmm, it seems this blogging daily thing may be quite a challenge, as I have already run out of material! Eek! Pretty soon I'm going to be telling you about what I did at work today. Sigh.

A couple months ago, I discovered these great little calcium supplements called Adora Disks through one of the blogs I read. Because I don't drink milk or eat much dairy, I knew that I was seriously lacking my calcium. I had tried Viactiv a couple times and I have to say, they're pretty gross. It's soft and chewy and has a terrible chalky taste. Bleh.

So I thought I'd give Adora Disks a try and bought them online, since I couldn't find them anywhere else in the places that were advertised on their website.

Of course two days after I got them in the mail and paid for shipping, I saw them at Whole Foods. Ah well.

They come individually wrapped and you can get them in bulk, or I got the little travel-sized packages that contain three disks. They have milk chocolate and dark chocolate flavors and are about 500mg of calcium with Vitamin D and K. I got the dark chocolate flavor and I have to say, while there is a hint of chalky-ness (they ARE calcium supplements after all), it was pretty good! The consistency was like normal chocolate and if you put it in the fridge, they're a refreshing sweet treat after meals! Definitely MUCH better than Viactiv or anything like that.

PSA of the day...

Remember women, it's very important to make sure you get enough calcium in your daily diet so if you're like me and drink lots o' caffeine and not enough dairy, make sure to take supplements!

No comments:

Post a Comment