Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Aveda and My Comeback

Hello Blog readers!

After much contemplation in the shower, I decided that I really need to be more consistent about my blogging. I love sharing things with you, and usually do only when something is "blog-worthy", but really, what does that mean?! So now, I'm going to try to be more like my friend Pink and try to write consistently (daily?) and share with you bits and pieces of my life on a more regular basis, no matter how mundane. Most of the reason why I love blogging is that I love that my life is documented (aren't the 20s supposed to be the best years of your life) and because I'm always sharing new things I learn with people, and instead of repeating myself, I can direct them to my blog!

And while I realize my readership totals about...seven people, let me know if there's something in particular you would like me to write about!

Onward!!!

When I was home this weekend, my mom gave me this sample size of Aveda's Caribbean Therapy Body Scrub. I'm a big fan of exfoliation so I was super excited to try this. When you open the jar, the scent is rather overpowering (aromas of amyris, vetiver, bay and lime) but once I put it on in the shower, it wasn't too bad. I used it on my elbows and legs and it felt gritty (obviously) and unusually oily, which I was turned off by at first.


I rinsed it off and headed to bed still feeling a little too oily, but not majorly uncomfortable. WELL, when I woke up this morning, I could not believe how soft my elbows and legs felt! I don't have dry skin by any means but my elbows are always disgustingly dry all year round. But I can't even begin to tell you how different my skin felt this morning. There wasn't a trace of oily-ness and even by the end of the day, my elbows were still pretty soft! In fact, I just took a shower without the scrub, and they're still feeling wonderful! I cannot tell you enough how amazing this product is! I definitely recommend it and it is a great gift idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment