Monday, June 29, 2009

Best Tuna Fish Eva!!!

I hate to brag but this recipe is a clear winner. I'm not a big tuna fish person but ever since seeing Coco have a tuna fish sandwich when she was in town, it's been in the back of my mind to make it. She ordered hers at a bar and I was intrigued to see that it had carrots in it! I've seen tuna fish with onions, celery, apples, and even raisins, but never carrots.

I compiled some ingredients and made up my own recipe for tuna fish!

Ingredients:
one can of tuna fish in water
one carrot
one celery stalk
1/4 small red onion
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
1/4 teaspoon curry
dash of cumin (I believe everything tastes better with a little cumin, esp. spaghetti sauce)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Dice carrots. I get super nervous cutting carrots because they're so hard and I'm always afraid of chopping off my finger. I find that cutting them in half horizontally and then lengthwise makes the carrots more secure for the dicing. Then you can julienne them and then cut into tiny pieces.


viola!


Next dice celery and red onion and put in bowl. Make sure all of the pieces are generally the same size.


After draining the tuna, add to bowl and mix the rest of the ingredients.



The curry and cumin really spices up this tuna salad (no pun intended!). And the vegetables give it a wonderful crunch and a LOT of VOLUME. It adds extra nutrients and supersizes one can of tuna to last three servings!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, since I'm on a "getting fit" kick, I love this recipe. Thanks for sharing, and props for making your own recipe - how chef-y of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to have reminded : ) this recipe sounds fantastic! i will have to try it.. who needs cheese! and i love cumin too

    ReplyDelete