Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MAKE

On Saturday night, my friends and I went to MAKE on the Upper West Side. Smiles and I kept making plans to go but it never worked out so I was thrilled to go with my college peeps!

For those of you unfamiliar with MAKE, it's a paint-your-own pottery place. You basically pay for whatever you're going to paint (mugs, bowls, figurines, picture frames...etc.) and painting time as well. It's a really fun project and as someone who enjoys crafts - a true joy!


You can see the pottery waiting to be painted in the back and the lovely assortment of paints on the table. It was like being in art class all over again!

B made some lovely salt and pepper shakers, NikCandy made matching coasters, Fanta made a vase/pitcher, and Guy made an ice cream bowl. I won't tell you what I made but I will say, I made it expressly for you! Yes, that's right - for you reading my blog! Tune in next week to see what I made.

It was obviously super fun (it's BYOB and food AND they gave us free red wine!) but I have to say, it was a bit on the expensive side. The pieces we made ranged from $18-$26 dollars and then there was a $12 painting fee plus tax, I believe. So it's definitely an activity to do on special occasions. But if you're feeling creative and have a few hours, it's a great low-key and relaxing activity. I definitely recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to go to Make forever! I love the business model - drinks and munchies and painting pottery. It's a perfect girls' night out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used go to pottery painting birthday parties; what a blast from the past! Always a great time... like the big girl spin on it : )

    ReplyDelete