Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Morning Cup of Joe

As I'm sure most of you can imagine, working in non-profit doesn't afford one many luxuries. I try to save a few pennies here and there by making small changes that don't make me feel deprived.

I'm one of those people who cannot function if I don't have a cup of coffee in the morning. I used to buy my cup (albeit at $1.25) every morning but I knew that I could make an even better cup for cheaper on my own. Unfortunately, I'm not a morning person, and I don't have time before work to brew myself a cup every morning, so I found a way to get my daily caffeine fix and not spend a lot of time or money doing so!

On Sunday night (or every three to four days), I brew my coffee in my regular coffeemaker and put it in a glass pitcher and keep it in the fridge for my morning iced coffee. I used to just put the coffee carafe from the machine directly into the fridge, but lately I've become concerned about the aluminum or whatever materials leaching into my cup o' joe - especially because it's a pretty cheap brand. So I invested the $4.99 to get myself a glass one.


So when I'm making my breakfast in the morning, I pour myself a cup and add my vanilla soy milk, agave nectar (it dissolves better than sugar granules and is better for you) AND my secret ingredient - cinnamon. It's like a Starbucks treat! Yummers.

Especially now that the weather is getting warmer (okay, who am I kidding, it's probably getting colder in New York), it's a great way to start the morning. And for those sweltering mornings, I plan on taking my cup with LOTS of ice with me on the go so that I can stay cool during my morning commute!

I highly recommend it, folks.

Now, I'd also like to share with you a funny little conversation I had with my dad when he received my Father's Day card. Actually, let me interject and interrupt myself by letting you know that I put my card in the mailbox near Columbia at 5:15pm on Wednesday (after the mail was already gone) and by Thursday afternoon, it was already in Jersey! Carazy!

Okay, now back to my Father's Day story...

Daddy: "Hi, Shi. Thank you for the Father's Day card"
Me: "Oh, I'm so glad you got it already! I hope you have a nice weekend!"
Daddy: "I don't think I spoil you at all." (I had written in my card that I appreciate getting spoiled all the time)
Me: "Yes you do spoil me!"
Daddy: "I don't think so..."
Me: "Daddy, you bought me twelve candy bars the other day when I told you I wanted a little snack."
Daddy: "Oh. Yeah."

The goods:


Now imagine this times SIX. Yes, that's right. Now I have enough chocolate to last me...Oh, who am I kidding...it probably won't last the week. Although there's Korean writing on it, it's actually Japanese chocolate because it's made by a Japanese company: Lotte. Holy yum!

Gotta love the Crunky! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment