Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bruschetta

A couple weeks ago, I made a lovely bruschetta using ingredients I had on hand. During one of my Whole Foods splurges, I had purchased a tub of mixed olives, which were on sale so I decided to jazz up my bruschetta with it!

Again, this is another great summertime treat because it doesn't require an oven or stove and take less than 10 minutes to make.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of chopped tomatoes (about two small tomatoes)
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/3 cup chopped olives
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:




Chop up tomatoes, red onion and olives. Remember to take out the seeds and the juicy parts of the tomato before you start chopping.


Put chopped veggies into a tupperware with a lid and pour in olive oil and salt and pepper. I probably added 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of black pepper.


Shake, shake, shake!



Spoon mixture on top of toasted bread, crackers, or bagel chips.



I apologize for these horrible photos. I didn't realize how bad they were until just now...

I used Stacy's everything bagel chips which were oh so yummy! I LOVE everything bagels and this was the real deal! It was a bit salty with the bruschetta but next time I know not to add as much salt if I'm putting it on top of bagel chips. You can also add basil to the bruschetta but I'm not much of an herb girl so I kept it out. This came out delicious so I highly recommend it, especially for entertaining!

On a sad note, my co-worker Katy informed me today that Kings has been cancelled. :*( Check it out on hulu.com while you can!

1 comment: