Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Kale Chips


I had to look into my previous posts because I could have sworn I already blogged about kale chips, but alas, I haven't - I guess I just talk about it enough that I thought I had already told everyone. In any case, kale chips are something that make a pretty frequent appearance on the dinner scene because it's just so darn yummy!

I heard about kale chips on my favorite blog and Kath, the blogger, swears that they taste like potato chips. I obviously didn't believe it so I had to try it for myself.

And OH MY GOSH are they amazing! It's packed full of nutrients (although I'm not sure how much of it escapes when you bake it) and delicious and CHEAP! I can get two to three servings from a single batch of kale which usually costs about $.75 to $1 - depending on where I'm getting it.

Ingredients:

kale (torn into bite-sized pieces)
a drizzle of olive oil (if you have a misto, that works best so the kale doesn't drown in the oil and get soggy in the oven)
salt and pepper to taste

that's it!!!!


Directions:


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Don't you just love my visuals?

Rinse and drain kale and transfer to baking sheet.


Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and pop it in the oven for 10-12 minutes.


All of the kale on the baking sheet shrunk considerably to fill a dinner plate. It comes out pretty crispy and delicious! I like to drizzle it with ketchup and eat it. Yummers!

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of kale chips, but sounds great! If it's yummy AND healthy, it's definitely worth trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of these either! Looks tasty. I'm going to have to try making these, after the chocolate pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny that you just posted about these as last night at the grocery store I bought kale for the first time with the intention of making kale chips this weekend!!! I'm so psyched to try them out.

    What do you mean by misto??? I don't want soggy kale chips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's awesome, Beth!

    A Misto is one of those spray things where you can put the olive oil in there and spray. Kind of like PAM. I used PAM last night and it worked well, although they taste much better with olive oil. As long as you're light on the tossing of the oil, it should be okay. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete