Friday, July 3, 2009

The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3



Last week I went to see "The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3", which unbeknownst to me is a remake of a 1974 movie.

John Travolta's character, Ryder, hijacks a subway train and hosts the passengers hostage until the City of New York pays him $10M in less than an hour. Denzel Washington's character, Garber, is the train dispatcher who has to deal with him until the transaction is completed. It's an interesting and suspenseful movie, one that made me question a lot of things about stocks (i know...question mark?) but I don't want to give too much away and ruin it for you. Denzel Washington is great and really nailed some funny lines with ease. It was also fascinating to learn the inner workings of the New York subway system, actually...AND my 7 train made an appearance in the movie, which I appreciated! In fact, most of the scenes were filmed at one of the 7 platforms despite the movie being about the 6 train.

I'm not sure if I would shell out the money again to go see it in the theaters but it would be a great rental, I think. Unless of course you're a diehard Travolta or Denzel fan. :)


Have a happy fourth of July, blog friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment