Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fallen Off the (Budgeting) Wagon

This morning, I thought I would give Amazing Grass another chance (remember my gray smoothie?). Tina from Carrots 'n Cake, another one of my favorite blogs, suggested mixing it with iced coffee and soy milk instead of heavy smoothies. Genius! She emailed me suggesting that I make it 3/4 coffee and 1/4 soy milk so that I could replicate her drink! I think the key thing was to mix it with something with an already strong taste (coffee) and using the chocolate wheat grass.


Soooooooo much better than my gray smoothie! It was much smoother (ironic, huh?!) and tasted delicious!


Now, as predicted, as I am no longer doing my spending fast and am not hardcore budgeting like I did last month, I've been slipping with the spending. Today, my ex-coworker, Emily, came to the Columbia area for lunch so I just had to splurge. I had originally planned on taking her to Max SoHa but she actually went yesterday. What are the chances?!

So I decided to take Emily to Campo - a recent discovery. My current co-worker actually introduced me to this wonderful restaurant. She kept claiming how great it was but I was a tried-and-true Deluxe fan. I finally gave in a few weeks ago and while I was a little on the fence at first, this week totally changed my mind!

Katy and I actually went to Campo two days ago because I just wasn't feeling the lunch I had brought. I had a Cobb salad that had so many great ingredients in it!


Love that there was hearts of palm in it!


I was at least 7 bites in before I remembered to take a picture but you get the idea.

Today, though, I ordered a salmon sandwich with basil pesto and olive tapenade. Oh.My.Gosh! HEAVENLY!!!!!



Again, I was a little over-zealous so I had two huge bites before I remembered to snap a pic. There was surprisingly a good amount of salmon in the sandwich (at LEAST 1/4 lbs) and it also had sauteed spinach with raw red onion in it to give it extra flavor. The bread was also delicious and everything together was superb. I think this is one of the best sandwiches I've had in my life! Yummers!

And the fries! They were parmesan fries with truffle oil. SOOOOOOOO good! Possibly the best fries I've ever had.

It was obviously humongous so I saved half of it for dinner tonight and it was actually even better a few hours later because the salmon and bread really absorbed the tapenade and the flavors were even more enhanced. I MUST replicate this sandwich on my own. I think I'll probably dream about it tonight, in fact....

This really pains me to say, but I think that I like Campo better than Deluxe. I know, I know, who am I?! I mean, Deluxe will always have a place in my heart since I went there almost every week with my friends during my senior year of college, but Campo really impressed me!

I would link Campo but unfortunately their website seems to not be working. But it's on the Upper West Side at 113th and Broadway, so if you're in the area, definitely check it out!

2 comments:

  1. sounds delicious, I'll need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. next time you're in town, we should definitely go!

    ReplyDelete