Sunday, August 30, 2009

Peanut Butter Balls

The other day, Tina from Carrots 'N Cake made no-bake peanut butter cookies so I had to try them out! Of course, I made a few adjustments to make it my own (which usually means adding chocolate, among other tiny changes) and it came out delicious!


Ingredients:


1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 Tablespoon agave nectar
1 Tablespoon shredded coconut
1 Tablespoon chocolate chips


Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.


At this point, I realized something was really wrong and didn't look quite right...


Oh, that's right! I should add chocolate!!!


Because of this adjustment, I remembered to put in a little less agave nectar than Tina.

Roll into bite-sized balls...


(I think we all know which one I ate first...)

And pop it in the fridge!


These are a great semi-healthy snack with no preservatives. I recommend keeping them in the refrigerator at all times and maybe even the freezer for a frozen treat! Unfortunately, they were gone too quickly before I thought of the freezer part.

I think that they would be a great pre-workout snack because of the oats and peanut butter. In fact, most of the things I make lately have included those two ingredients...

I have to say, I love making things with ingredients I already have in the fridge or pantry. So satisfying!

2 comments: