Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tofu Parm Redux

I have to tell you - I spent ALL DAY thinking about how good my dinner was last night! Perhaps this is why I was so unproductive at work...

The only downside to my dinner last night was that I got hungry after just two hours. While I definitely felt full immediately after consumption, it obviously didn't last very long. I wanted to have the same flavors as last night I knew that I would need something more substantial, especially after a visit to the gym. Solution?

Add two eggs!

The extra ingredients will not only keep me full longer but it'll give me protein to repair my muscles after a hard workout.

I also added some garlic stems that my mom had given me on Sunday. She had made a stir-fry with them plus turkey that was really tasty. Once home, I told her that I was going to eat the green beans for dinner and she told me that what I had eaten was actually garlic stems. Goes to show how sophisticated my palate it. Ah well!

Here they are:



You can see how I was slightly confused. I'm not really sure what kind of nutrition it has but if it's part of a garlic, it has to be good. It isn't as strong as the bulb but you still taste the garlic flavor. It's also a bit tough but maybe that's because I keep thinking they're green beans...

Anyway, I added about a 1/4 cup of fresh mozzarella, 1/3 cup diced tofu, and 1/3 cup of garlic stems.



I definitely put too much filling in it and it overflowed! Top it with marinara sauce and some pesto and you've got a tofu parm omelet!



This tasted pretty good but not as good as my Tofu Parmesan from last night. I think there may have been too many flavors going on. Or maybe because yesterday's parm was much more ascetically pleasing...

I'm sure my Japanese ancestors would be horrified at the way I'm eating my tofu.

But if you're new to tofu, I would definitely suggest pairing it with stronger flavors to ease into it.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new uses of tofu, Shi! Very innovative :)

    ReplyDelete