Thursday, September 24, 2009

Seriously?! MORE pizza?!

Oops, I did it again!

Yes folks, I ate pizza AGAIN. I'm now contemplating going on a cheese fast for at least two weeks and see where that takes me. It doesn't help that I totally had an enabler whose favorite restaurant is a place that specializes in pizza.

Yesterday, Katy and I walked over to 122nd and Amsterdam to Sezz Medi for lunch. I've been hearing about this place ever since I came back to Barnard. Katy RAVES about their pizza with mozzarella bufala. So clearly, I HAD to check it out!


Upon entering, we were greeted by this:


A giant pepper mill and wine bottle!!! This was going to be good...

We started with freshly baked bread (or so I assume) that we dipped in olive oil and a tangy, tomato-flavored oil. Katy got a shirley temple which was one of the prettiest I've seen!


We then ordered the Filetto pizza with mozzarella bufala, vesuvian cherry tomatoes, basil, and parmigiano. Yum!



It was amazing! The dough was chewy and soft and the cheese, of course, was fresh and amazing. I do wish there was a little more basil but that's okay!


It wasn't as big as this picture makes it seem!

I also got a salad on the daily specials menu which was fennel, arugula, blood orange, parmigiano, olives, and roasted red peppers.


Yum! The olives were really green and quite large! You can't see the oranges hiding underneath, but they were there and went perfectly with the fennel.

The service was really great and our food came out super quickly. The pizza was $15 and the salad was $9 (!!!!!!) so it wasn't too bad, price-wise.

I would definitely go back. I highly recommend it if you're in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment