Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sleepy Time

Another short post since I just got home and am ready to crash!

I went to a great bar tonight called Naked Lunch at 17 Thompson near Grand for ABC Club NYC. I have to say, this was one of my favorite bars we've been to because not only was the atmosphere really chill, drink prices pretty reasonable, but also because they have FREE BBQ on Thursdays! Now, it's not the BBQ you were hoping for...it's backyard BBQ fare with hot dogs, hamburgers, and potato salad. But for it being free, it's pretty awesome! I suspect a lot of people came after work for a beer and food before starting the night.


Here's Beth, another one of the Co-Presidents, and a great blogger! If you're in the NYC area and you haven't come to an ABC event yet, please do! You can find us on Facebook by searching "ABC Club NYC" under "groups." We frequent bars that start with letters of the alphabet and we'll be at O Bar in two weeks! Hope to see you there!!!

The other day I saw this at my local produce store and had to try it out:


I'm a big fan of POM and was surprised to see that they came out with a bar! The ingredient list wasn't too bad, either...



Because it is pomegranate, I was expecting to bite into it and see a shocking amount of red but it was a no go. Or rather...pomegranate FAIL.


The inside had the consistency of a Lara bar (it's also made of dates) and only had a hint of pomegranate, but it was still quite good! Although it may have been a tad too sweet but that may be because I have a cavity :) Ouch! It would be a great dessert treat though!

Okay, blog friends. Must.get.to.bed! I have another long day tomorrow but I'm excited because I'm going to be taking a field trip to one of the happiest places in the world with my boss and co-worker, Katy :) Hint - it starts with a "Cost" and ends with a "Co". Have I told you I love my job lately?

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. I love that pic of us! I had a lot of fun last night at Naken Lunch...on to "O" Bar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, chocolate and pomegranate, 2 of my favorite things. I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete