Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Somersaults!

I've been feeling really uninspired with my cooking lately and have been really lazy about my meals. Case in point - I keep a list of things I can blog about in my daily planner and so far I have ALL product reviews. No recipes! Eek.

Tonight, I had leftover zucchini fries and a handful of potato chips (oops) so I certainly wouldn't blog about that, so instead, I'll blog about my lunch!

I had Kim's leftover beet salad with goat cheese and in talking to Nicole this morning, she gave me the idea of putting walnuts in it, too!


All together now!


It was great because nuts are Superfoods, as you know, and it gave the salad extra crunch and a different texture as well. Great combo!

Another reason yesterday was such a great day was that I got a free sample in the mail! Tina from Carrots 'n Cake let her readers know that Somersault Snack Co. was giving away free samples in the mail.

I received this pack of sea salt Somersaults and ate it for a snack today!


How cute is that packaging?! And even cuter, the Somersaults are super small...


The ingredients list was also pretty short for a packaged snack. It's made of: sunflower seeds, wheat flour, whole wheat flour, sesame seeds, wheat gluten (!!!), sunflower oil, chicory root, evaporated cane juice, and sea salt.

After reading the ingredient list I thought it would be a healthy snack that would taste kinda "bleh" but it was DELICIOUS! I can't even describe to you what it tasted like because it was so complex. It tasted a bit buttery, hearty, and wonderfully crunchy. I couldn't really identify the taste (maybe it's the chicory root?) or maybe it was the seeds...

In any case, they were delicious! It also comes in chocolate and "salty pepper" which sounds intriguing. I'm not quite sure where you can buy them except online but you can get a pack of 8 (it contains 15 somersaults) for $11.99. Doesn't seem too bad... My sample size had 7 somersaults in them and they were perfectly satisfying.

If you see them, I definitely recommend picking them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment