Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Your Turn!

I had one of those days today where I just didn't want it to end. I think it had to do with the weather or maybe the fact that I had a bummer of a day yesterday and woke up with a positive attitude in hopes that today would be much better. It was! Ah...the power of positive thinking.

My day started with someone holding the subway doors open for me even as it was closing on him, my commute taking only 45 minutes, and then I saw Barnard first years all excited about orientation, had a nice walk with my co-worker at lunch, had dinner with my sister, and found an interesting chocolate bar that I made Nicole try. (will blog about that later)

Anyway, as some of you may know, I am the ultimate hypochondriac. It's great that my best friend is a doctor because I can call her up at all times of the day, asking her what's wrong with me. I'm always convinced it's something serious. Great for me, not so much for her. And now that Spencer is in med school, I have someone else to be neurotic to! :D

In any case, I have a very sensitive stomach so when I heard about Celiac Disease, I was semi-convinced I had it. I did some more research and now think that I may have been a little dramatic, but nevertheless, I try to avoid gluten whenever possible. I will say, though, that if you do have Celiac Disease, the Japanese diet is the way to go!

I saw Mary's Gone Crackers at the local grocery store a few months ago when I was craving something salty and crunchy so I picked it up.


All sorts of good things in there...


They were yummy, although a little heavy on the black pepper and not enough salt, but the crunch was perfect! It basically tastes like a Japanese rice cracker.

However, I did feel something was lacking.

Enter....Laughing Cow.


It's basically soft, spreadable swiss cheese with only 35 calories a wedge - or something like that.


Perfection! It's a great afternoon snack. The cheese is the perfect complement to the pepper.


My September is going to busy, busy, busy with all sorts of good things, including volunteering for a weekend for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I'm not running it but my friend Akiko is and it would be great if you could support her! It's a great cause and one that is really personal to me. Susan G. Komen is especially great because...
With nearly $1 billion invested to date, Susan G. Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to curing breast cancer at every stage - from the causes, to the cures, to the pain and anxiety of every moment in between.

Susan G. Komen for the Cure has played a critical role in every major advance in the fight against breast cancer for more than a quarter of a century - transforming how the world talks about and treats this disease and helping to turn millions of breast cancer patients into breast cancer survivors.
Every gift, no matter the size, is one step towards finding a cure. Please support my friend and the organization!


So back to my September - because I will be so busy this month, I won't have a ton of time dedicated to blogging so I'm again asking for your help. I would LOVE for you to be a guest blogger on Shi's Eating!

I'm interested to know what kinds of foods you like and are eating. If you'd like to be featured on my blog this month, please send me a picture and a post about anything pertaining to food - be it a recipe, product review, restaurant review...etc. My email address is shion.newyork@gmail.com and I will do my best to get everyone on the site.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Oh! And check out the comments from Jenn-ben in the post below. She explains the difference between roasting and baking. She even gave me helpful hints for my future bruschetta! Thanks, Jenn!!!

4 comments:

  1. i want to be a guest blogger. unless my head blows off the next time i'm given something to "please try."

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're a great roommate, fanta. :)

    can't wait to see what you blog about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The laughing cow! I don't know why that cheese makes me so happy. I need to get some. I'm glad you had such a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I had to blog about it because you hadn't heard of it!!!

    I also recommend eating Laughing Cow with jam. Yum...

    ReplyDelete