Thursday, October 8, 2009

I Love My Job!

It's 11:30pm and I'm just getting home and am EXHAUSTED! I haven't been sleeping well lately (due to the stress of possibly being homeless) and I had a 12+ hour work day so I'm going to keep this short. Well, also because I've been either eating pb&js or going out to eat every meal this week and have nothing interesting to share.

As most of you know, I work in fundraising at my Alma Mater and I love my job! I work with kind, considerate, and capable people and my superiors are honest, compassionate, understanding and generous with praise. It's such a great working environment and I'm so fortunate to be working there!

The perk is that not only are my colleagues great but I get to interact with such amazing alumnae as well. I'm constantly in awe of how confident, successful, and passionate they are. They have done some impressive things and they do it all with such grace and poise. My job is to interact with them and build relationships with them. It just doesn't get any better than that!

On Monday, my boss also got me flowers:


And the fact that I'm saying this after having worked for 12+ hours is really telling. In all fairness, I did have a rather strong drink at Prohibition, but details...

Can't wait to go to work tomorrow morning!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Enjoying your work makes life so much easier:-)

    ReplyDelete