Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mediterranean Meal

The other day my dad bought me two bottles of my most favorite drink in the WORLD!!! It's a Japanese tea that's a blend of 17 different kinds of tea. I used to drink this every day when I studied in Kyoto but can never find it in the states! There's only one place in Jersey where they carry it - Mitsuwa - so every time my dad goes there, he gets it for me!



This little bottle costs $2.25!!!! Boy, I am spoiled.

But every time I sip it, it honestly takes me back to Japan. I usually drank it by the gallon in the afternoons.

I, of course, didn't get to cook much this week due to my now regularly hectic schedule. Sigh. But I did saute some of the Japanese eggplant and red pepper my mom bought me the other day. I sauted it in a pan with a little olive oil and salt for about 5-8 minutes on medium heat.

To assemble my lunch, I put about a cup of brown rice in my tupperware, added some pinto beans from a can, layered some broccoli my mom gave me, and then added my eggplant and red pepper mixture.

I also found this great CHEAP hummus in a grocery store near work and thought it might be the perfect addition to the meal.



It was! I also added some srircha sauce, of course!

It's kind of a hodge-podge of a meal but not too bad. There's a good amount of nutrients in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment