Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Packing Up and Packing It In!

I have to say, packing up an apartment by yourself is kinda lonely :*(


Goodness, I am TIRED! I packed up about 3/5 of my stuff tonight, did a load of laundry, and cleaned out most of my fridge. I LOVE being productive although my back hurts a bit...

I just had some leftovers tonight so I thought I would shared last night's dinner with you all.

Erica came over and I again served her mac 'n cheese. That poor girl! Remember the last time I cooked for her? Ah well - I still had some mac 'n cheese that I wanted to eat up before I moved so I forced her to have it again :) Nicole came over to so I decided to make two boxes.

Ingredients:
2 boxes of Annie's Mac 'n Cheese
1 cup skim milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tablespoons mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 1/2 cups of chopped veggies (I used red bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, and green beans)

Directions:

Cook pasta according to package.

Add 1 cup skim milk to packaged cheese and also add in shredded cheese in a separate bowl. Any cheese will do but I got cheddar since it was pretty cheap. Mix it all up.

Drain pasta and add cheese mixture. Stir in mixed veggies and add mustard and pepper. I forgot to add hot sauce but here is when I would have added it.

Mix it all up and serve!



Even though it was packaged mac 'n cheese, half of it was veggies so I felt good about eating it. I had all the veggies on hand so it was quick and easy!

I also have some mini-bell peppers so if anyone has any good recipes for it, please let me know!

I'm going to take a break from packing and call it a night with a book and a hot cup of tea. I still have no idea when my move-in date is and I'm hoping when I pick up my keys tomorrow there will be electricity. Oh, the joy of moving...

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, electricity is so good.

    so is that mac and cheese!

    ReplyDelete