Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tanto Dulce

I was in my old neighborhood (hopefully my new one, too!) apartment searching and decided to go to one of my favorite brunch places - Tanto Dulce. This cute little cafe is on Broadway between 140th and 141st. It's VERY reasonably priced and delicious! The few times I've gone, I've had their brunch special where you get eggs, sausage, toast, hash browns and salad for under $8. They have pretty good coffee, too!

After a disappointing evening looking at apartments, Katy and I headed over for dinner. I got the grilled cheese sandwich with mozzarella, fontina, and provolone cheese on honey wheat. It came with a side of mashed potatoes and salad.


The sandwich was just okay as there was a little too much bread. I like my grilled cheeses to have equal parts cheese and bread. The mashed potatoes were disappointing because they were definitely the kind you just mix over the stove but the salad and dressing was good!

It was definitely not as good as their brunches but their service was GREAT! They're always so friendly and accommodating. I definitely recommend stopping by for brunch.


I also went to Piola tonight for some pizza with friends for an early birthday celebration. The combination of pizza and good friends made my night! I didn't take pictures or blog about it since I wanted to live in the moment and not think about what I would write in my blog post. But I will definitely be going there again and will take pictures so you can all enjoy it, too! But take my word for it - it is great! It's reasonably priced, the food great, and the service also good. In fact, they gave us complimentary Prosecco with lemon ice cream. :)

Thanks for a great time, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. the prosecco with lemon ice cream made me bad at long division.

    ReplyDelete