Monday, November 2, 2009

Nee-yokie


The other day Katy and I went back to Max SoHa (123rd and Amsterdam) for lunch.

The last time I went, I got the Spaghetti ai funghi misti which comes with "fresh wild mushrooms." While the tomato sauce was delish, they were definitely no "wild mushrooms" in it and instead came with something that looked more like cremini mushrooms (or something generic like that.) It wasn't worth the $11.95 for sure. This time, I decided to order the Gnocchi alla Sorrentina for $10.95 which is homemade gnocchi in a tomato sauce with basil and mozzarella. It came with a great recommendation from Katy.

The waiter started us off with a plate of warm bread and dip that contains tomato. Katy tried to ask what else was in it but he sped off before we could inquire further.



It looks deceptively like a meat sauce but the chunks are really soft and tomato-like. Yum!


You can see that the mixture swims in extra virgin olive oil with a couple olives in there.

I was SO psyched when my dish came out! It was hot, gooey, and oh-so-delicious! Definitely tasted homemade.



For $10.95, I think it's a great deal!

We strolled through Columbia on the way back to get in a little exercise and sights.



Memories...

This is the building where I spent the most time aside from my dorm room, I think. Kent Hall, remember when I used to cram in my studying the night before until you closed at like...six pm... Not very convenient but a great library!


2 comments:

  1. i love max soha!! let's go there some time.

    i like your phonetic pronunciation of gnocchi. that's how the paesana here say it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, totally want to check out Max SoHa now!

    ReplyDelete