Thursday, November 12, 2009

Peanut Butter and Jelly Oatmeal

I know you're all sick of seeing my oatmeal posts but it's such a great new discovery for me that I can't get enough of! Such a fun way to eat breakfast and experiment a bit.

I replenished my jam stash the other day at the farmer's market. I love Beth's Farm Kitchen jams. They have so many flavors and all of the ones I've bought so far have been amazing! Some of my favorites are: strawberry-rhubarb jam (my dad's favorite, too), black raspberry, and now this new blueberry.


I love it so much I have a Jammer Card so that if I buy 10, I can get one for free! Each jar is $8 (and totally worth it) so I'm excited to get that free one!

One of my bananas was almost completely black yesterday so I put the whole thing in my oatmeal. I usually only put half of one in my oatmeal but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Ingredients:

banana cut up
1/3 cup oats
2/3 cup plain soy milk
pinch salt
1 Tablespoon flax seeds

As usual, throw everything into a pot until the liquid absorbs.

My toppings included peanut butter and jelly!


The heat in my apartment is usually pretty strong so I keep most of my windows open throughout the day, But when I woke up yesterday, it was pretty cold so I was snuggled under a blanket on my couch while I was eating this. It's the perfect way to start a cold morning!

Even better, while I was eating, the peanut butter melted and the jam softened, making it an even more enjoyable breakfast.


The only sugar in this breakfast was from the jam and from the banana, I guess, so it's a nice, healthy meal. It's also FILLING! And cheap!

I think I should be a spokesperson for oatmeal, no?

Okay, I promise to cut down on oatmeal posts in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment