Monday, November 16, 2009

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies


I was in the mood to bake again the other day so I made oatmeal cookies. I haven't been able to find a really good recipe yet so if any of you have good recipes, please let me know!

I started with a Real Simple recipe but made a few modifications:


Ingredients:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 egg
2 Tablespoons 2% milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and butter until well blended. Again, I used to always do this in a standing mixer but found like a fork and a little elbow grease works just as well!

In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gradually add to the oatmeal mixture, stirring well.



Add pumpkin puree.


Stir in chocolate chips.


Drop the dough by the tablespoonfuls, spaced about 2 inch apart, onto the baking sheet.


Bake for 20 minutes.

Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.



I didn't want to waste the rest of my pumpkin so I added it to this oatmeal cookie recipe last minute. I thought I would be adding about 1/2 cup but it turns out it was a little over a cup! I extended the baking time by 7 minutes but in the future, I would keep them in the oven for AT LEAST 20 minutes...perhaps a little more (24-26 mins).

The consistency was a bit cakey and soft. It wasn't a cookie-texture but was still delicious and pumpkin-y.

Next time I'm also going to add some ground flax seeds to give it more ooomph! ;)

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love pumpkin cookies, I haven't thought to try them with oatmeal...looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete