Friday, November 6, 2009

Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin


My sister oh-so-kindly donated her old pots and pans to me since she got a new set for her wedding. She now has a fancy KitchenAid set and packaged the old ones in the box for me to fantasize one day having a wedding registry...

In any case, I've had this box sitting near my kitchen table and as I was eating dinner the other day, I noticed the picture on the box was a bit odd.


Anyone? Anyone?!?!

Why, out of all the things you can put in a pan, is this person saute-ing fresh fruit? (says the girl who sauteed apples the other day.) But really, why would you be cooking up strawberries, peaches and blueberries?! Another mystery of life, I guess.

This morning I was craving my chocolate chip pumpkin cake but I knew that just eating that would make me feel "bleh" so I decided to eat it in another, healthier form. Oats!!!

I still had pumpkin puree left over so I decided to add about 1/4 cup into my oats. I also used up my skim milk which made for a lighter, less gummier oatmeal.


I waited until the 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup skim milk, 1/3 cup water, and 1 Tablespoon flax seeds had mostly absorbed and then threw the pumpkin in there.

Another key ingredient is this chocolate peanut butter. Yum... It's a good mix of healthy fat, protein, and deliciousness.

I crumbled a frozen sliver of my pumpkin cake in there and let the chocolate peanut butter melt in my oats bowl.



Super yummy! Look at the color of the oats - so pretty! There are so many Superfoods in there - oats, pumpkin, dark chocolate, and nuts. Too bad I didn't make it with soy milk because then I would have even more in there.

Have a great weekend, blog friends!

1 comment:

  1. Too funny about the photo on the KitchenAid box - it had been sitting in my living room for 3 weeks and I never noticed it!!!

    ReplyDelete