Monday, November 9, 2009

Sugar Sweet Morning


I only had one thought when I woke up this morning --- CUPCAKES!!!

But I'm getting a little ahead of myself here.


Yesterday, my friend Sarah came over to see my new apartment and to have lunch. She brought cupcakes from Sugar Sweet Sunshine for dessert. I LOVE these cupcakes and would have them at almost every special occasion at my previous job but haven't had them since. You can imagine my delight when she told me:

1) that she brought cupcakes
2) that they were from SSS!!!


Originally another friend was going to come for lunch, too, (hence the cupcake explosion in the box) but she ended up not which just meant - more cupcakes for us!!!

I chose the vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting.


Yummers!!!

Sarah left me with the pistachio cupcake with cream cheese frosting, which is her favorite, so I was itching to try that this morning.

Of course, eating a whole cupcake for breakfast isn't the best way to start the day, so I again, added half of a cupcake to my oatmeal to make it more of a nutritious breakfast but enough to satisfy my craving.

This time I made:

1/3 cup oats
2/3 cup soy milk
pinch salt
1/2 cut up banana
(I forgot my flax seeds but here's where I would have added 1 Tablespoon of them)

I mixed it all in a pan until all of the liquid was gone, added it to my bowl, and added the best part!


Despite the addition of bananas, I still felt like I was lacking nutrition so I had some grapes that my mom had bought me the other day.


I also felt I needed protein/fat for staying power so in went 1/2 Tablespoon of peanut butter.


BTW, I did not eat this whole bowl of grapes!


I love putting bananas in my oats because not only do they taste great with peanut butter for obvious reasons but they get all soft and mushy and sweeter!


This was such an enjoyable breakfast! The pistachio flavor was definitely one of the best I've had. The frosting was super creamy and the pistachio cake subtly pistachio-y and wonderful. So soft!

I know I've said it before but I want to try a savory oatmeal with eggs and cheese... I wonder what that would taste like. I think I'll have to try that this week.

The great thing about oatmeal breakfasts is that not only is it good for you but it seriously holds me over for HOURS! I usually get hungry at around 10:45 - 11:15 but breakfasts like these keep me full until at least 12:30, which is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment