Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Weekend with the Sister

This past weekend, I headed out to Westchester to visit my sister and nephew, Peanut. Of course, when I say nephew, I mean my sister's spoiled cat who liked to jump from the window sill onto my stomach multiple times during the night. I'm not bitter.

After joining her friends for wine at Ayza on 31st between Broadway and Fifth, we hopped on a Metro North train to her home. I love train rides, I have to say. I love train and airplane trips and love love LOVE train stations and airports. Is that weird? I feel like all rules are out the window and you're allowed to buy whatever magazine, candy, and tourist-y stuff you want without the guilt.

Once home, my sister made me a Tazo tea - the Calm blend - which is one of my absolute favorite type of tea. It's a bit expensive for my taste so it was a nice little treat.


For dinner the next day, we tried Sonoko's friend, Cait's, tried-and-true recipe for garlic chili chicken! It featured this:

Which tasted a lot like the garlic chili sauce I used for my summer rolls. I hope I'm not giving away a secret recipe but here goes (we slightly modified the recipe):

Ingredients:

4 chicken pieces (I don't remember if they were breasts or thighs or whatever) with bone

1/2 cup chili sauce

1/2 cup pineapple juice

1 cup Italian bread crumbs (I recommend plain bread crumbs with salt and pepper)

3 Tablespoons olive oil

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix pineapple juice and chili sauce in medium sized bowl. Add chicken and marinate for about five minutes.

In a separate bowl, mix bread crumbs and olive oil. Add chicken to bread crumbs mixture and coat.

Place on baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until baked through.

DELICIOUS!!!!

It was nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. It was the perfect amount of salty and sweet with a kick. Yum!

It was a pretty easy recipe, too, so I highly recommend it!

I'll leave you with some pictures of my nephew.



Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAIT!!! Thanks for the delicious recipe!

2 comments: