Monday, December 14, 2009

Beth's Mom's Chocolate Bark

Last year, for Beth's cookie swap, Beth's mom made this delicious chocolate bark that is super easy to prepare. I was so intrigued that she used only 4 ingredients to make a beautiful dessert including my favorite chocolate chips:



...was on sale at the grocery store across the street so I stocked up on it for my bark! Beth's mom used semi-sweet but I love all things dark chocolate so I substituted that and also lessened the amount of sugar in the recipe.

Ingredients:

3/4 cup sugar
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
12 oz chocolate chips (1 bag)
saltine crackers

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with PAM.


Place a layer of Saltine crackers on foil.



In a small sauce pan, melt butter and sugar and boil for two minutes.


Spread mixture over Saltines and bake for 15 minutes.


Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.


They will start to melt immediately so use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate.


Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes.


Pull away from foil and break into pieces.




Viola! Beautiful, delicious and EASY!!! It's a great gift for the holidays and there's no skill required :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE BARK!!! Thanks for making it for the cookie swap this year, perhaps I'll even give it a go! (It's good with slivered almonds on it too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! That bark is so good! I think I will make some while I'm down in Florida!!! Thanks Shion! (and Beth's mom!)

    Jen Painter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum - I love these!!! :)

    ReplyDelete