Monday, December 7, 2009

Five Guys

This weekend, Nicole and I went to Five Guys in the West Village. I think that this is one of my favorite burger joints (along with Shake Shack, of course) and I don't take my burgers lightly ;)

I had gone once before out in Brooklyn when Nicole and I went to a book fair. Everytime I crave a burger, I always thought about the burger I had that day and let me tell you, Five Guys was just as good as I remembered!

You can get a Little Cheeseburger which is actually one patty or a regular one, which has TWO patties! I could only handle one patty but got many a toppings - which are all free!







Yummmm. There's nothing particularly different about this burger but I don't know if it's the kind of meat they use or that things seem relatively fresh and not fake-looking like McDonald's cheeseburgers but something makes it so delicious! The bun is nice and sweet and the whole burger isn't too big that you feel gross afterwards.

I also got a side of fries...


But I couldn't even get through HALF of the bag since they are so thickly cut and abundant! I love their fries. They're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside but not too greasy.

Five Guys is a sit-down place where you order at the counter. They always have a big barrel of peanuts that you can eat for free. It's also decently priced so it's great if you're looking for a cheap but filling meal. It's definitely a step up from regularly fast food places so you don't feel too guilty going there.

I definitely recommend it!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm - looks delish! I'll definitely have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummmmm. I hadn't heard of this place before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been on my list to try for awhile...maybe Jon and I will have to make it a priority in January after all of the holiday eating to be done:)

    ReplyDelete