Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gina's Matilda Cake

Every year for the past 7 years, Gina has made Eli "Matilda Cake" (aka best cake in the whole wide world) which is a chocolate ganache cake. This recipe is from Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipes and the cake is from his book, Matilda, when the mean teacher makes a kid eat a whole cake. Let me tell you, if it's Gina's cake I'm eating, this is NOT considered a punishment.

I have to say, I know it's Eli's special treat, but I look forward to this cake every year!

Here's the birthday girl and the fabulous baker...



And here is the beautiful, beautiful cake:





Gina added fresh raspberries to the recipe and used 60% dark chocolate. I think it was one of her best yet.


I wish you could all have a slice because beyond saying it was delicious, it's very hard to describe this heavenly treat. It's rich, chocolate-y, and has a smooth texture. Once you have a bite, the chocolate invades your whole mouth and you can be seriously satisfied after a few bites. Of course, I certainly didn't stop at a few bites but I could have...


Thanks for the cake, Gina! You.are.amazing!

2 comments: