Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's Christmas Time!!!

I'm sorry I've been so MIA with the blogging this past week. I have off from work this week and came home to Jersey to be with my family but for several reasons, I've been commuting into the city four times in the past four days!

But the times that I have been home have been filled with eating, sleeping, watching Christmas movies, and...sleeping ;)

I love when Santa sends over a white Christmas...





Snow in a backyard is so much prettier than snow in the city. Sludge = not Christmas-y.

Our Christmas tree this year is quite huge. Here is a sneak peek of the tree...


My Dad is 5'10" just as a point of reference. I'm going to post tree pictures tomorrow so you can pretend you're spending Christmas with me :)

My time home has been filled with sugar as well as tree decorating...

Actually, this is a sugarless pound cake that was sent to my mom from our dentist! How apropos.





It's made in Virginia and is oh-so-delicious considering it has no real sugar.

And here's something that has real sugar that my mom baked:


Her annual Christmas butter cookies! I learned from her that you can always reduce sugar in baking recipes and these cookies are just divine! She also makes them with sprinkles. I devoured them when she gave me a bunch after I had gotten my wisdom tooth taken out. Even though I was in pain and unable to use one side of my mouth, I still couldn't resist from eating them.

She also made me a special fish one with the leftover dough...


And this is just a SAMPLING of all of the delicious things I have been eating!

My sister and her husband are coming over for dinner tonight and then we're going to Christmas Eve service. We're going to exchange some gifts tonight since my sister will not be spending Christmas Day with us, but we have some special visitors from Japan coming over tomorrow for a Christmas meal! :)

I love Christmas time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sugar, family, presents, snow, singing, christmas music...
it just doesn't get any better!

No comments:

Post a Comment