Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Pure Dark

This weekend, Nicole and I went to Pure Dark on Bleecker (between W. 10th and Charles) to make our own dark chocolate bark. Nicole had found it on a website and asked me if I wanted to go. Naturally, I said YESSS! I love "make-your-own" things and dark chocolate.

Unfortunately, the store wouldn't let me take pictures but definitely check out their website. The store is decent-sized and has little tables of merchandise and a bar where you can customize your own bark and also get hot chocolate and other wonderful drinks.

I had thought that we would be able to physically make our own bark but basically we went up to the counter and picked out as many toppings as we wanted. They had a lot of nuts, dried fruit, and chocolate covered fruit. I chose macadamia nuts, cherries, and blueberries.



They give it to you in a little cardboard container which is really cute and environmentally friendly! This is a small and it cost almost $22. As we were waiting to get our customized bark, we sat on lovely couches in the back of the store and had a nice conversation.

Here's my bark up close...



And Nicole's...


Nicole took advantage of the chocolate covered fruit to put even MORE chocolate on her bark. Yummers...

I started to write this post yesterday and realized that all of my cookie swap madness, I hadn't even TRIED the bark yet! I did last night, finally, and it was DELICIOUS!!! Definitely quality dark chocolate but not bitter at all. In fact, I would say that it's probably only 40% cacao.

The quality of the chocolate is great but I'm not sure it's $22 great...

But it's a fun experience and if you want to get someone a fancy gift, I recommend it. I bet their hot chocolate is really good, too. I think I saw it for $4.50 a cup.

1 comment:

  1. i enjoyed the bark! i think dan still has it in his fridge...

    ReplyDelete