Friday, December 4, 2009

The Reason I Bought a Toaster

I can't tell you how happy I am to have "homemade" pizza back in my life.

Recently, I discovered lavash bread. It's a denser bread that originated in Armenia (what up, colette?!) It's delicious and PERFECT for thin crust toaster pizzas.



You can get them in whole wheat, white, or even flavored!

I used a Whole Foods brand marinara sauce for the sauce.


It is soooooooo good and has huge chunks of tomato in it, which is delightful. It's tastes very fresh and doesn't have too many ingredients in it.

I thought it might be a good idea to get some veggies and nutrients on my pizza so I sauteed a whole red pepper and a handful of spinach in a pan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil.


I layered on some muenster cheese on top of the sauce and then put another little layer on top of the veggies to hold them in place.


A few minutes in the toaster and we've got perfection:



The lavash bread fits perfectly inside the toaster making me one happy camper :)

Have a great weekend, blog friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment