Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Vegetable Red Curry

The other day, I went over to my dear friend's apartment (and my old apartment!) to make some cookie dough and to help her pack and organize some of her things before her big move to PARIS! :)

We were meeting after work so I prepared a take-along meal for the two of us.

I've been all about red curry since I had it twice at Yum Yum Bangkok last month so I decided to try to make it on my own. I had absolutely no recipe for it but did purchase the requisite coconut milk and red curry paste.


I chopped up some veggies (snow peas and red peppers) and extra firm tofu. I also took alone brown rice that my mom had given me. And of course, some crushed chili pepper for extra spice!

I put it all in a pot (about 2 Tablespoons of the curry paste) and as it was simmering, I realized that something was missing... When I finally looked at the back of the coconut milk can, I saw that it required fish sauce and brown sugar as well. So I also threw in about 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.


Serve on top of rice...



It was EASY and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment