Monday, January 11, 2010

First Time French Toast

The other day, Spencer and I went to Tanto Dulce in search of breakfast but unfortunately, all of the tables were full. That has never happened to me before and it was quite disappointing. We decided to do a DIY breakfast instead at the apartment.


I've been having a craving for pancakes for at least two weeks now and somehow I just can't satisfy the craving - but not for a lack of trying. I've had it once at a friend's house and once at a diner and while both were good it hasn't killed the pancake cravings in me. Just call me the pancake-monster. All of this to say, I'm TERRIBLE at making pancakes and that might be the reason why I crave it so much. When I want to satisfy the craving I can't because I can't make it myself. So sad...


I decided that even though I can't make pancakes to save my life (well, maybe I can make it to save my life...) I can make French Toast which is almost the same!

I adapted this recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

Ingredients:

4 slices of whole wheat bread
2 eggs
1/2 cup skim milk
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
pinch of cinnamon

Directions:

I was so hungry I didn't bother to take pictures!

Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Dip bread into mixture and then cook up with a little bit of butter.



Voila! It was SO easy and looked pretty good!


I drenched it in maple syrup and it 85% satisfied my pancaking craving :)

Tommy decided to munch on a super large sugar cookie coated with lots of icing for his breakfast.


Several hours later, I found out that he left me a portion of his breakfast (in tact!) in my closet :D

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should come over for McDonagh pancakes before book group on Wednesday!!! I've been craving them too and would love a reason to cook them:)

    ReplyDelete