Friday, January 15, 2010

Just Can't Get Enough...

I have been looking ALL OVER for this Lindt chocolate with sea salt. I kept seeing it on Jenna's blog and it has been on my mind since last summer. I finally found it at the Food Emporium near Lincoln Center. Score!!!


Upon opening the bar, it looks pretty normal...


But when you bite into it, you immediately get "a touch" of sea salt. It's very subtle but pretty lasting. Unfortunately, after all of that hype, I have to say that it didn't rock my socks off. At the end of the day, it's just chocolate with a hint of salt. Sigh.

When Spencer was in town the other day, he gave me a hostess present - Belgian dark chocolate! I loooooove Belgian chocolate in any form so this was super exciting for me.


Even more exciting - look at how thick the chocolate was!!!


However, when I opened it up, it turns out it was just two chocolate bars stacked on top of each other. I have to say, I was thinking it would be a little hard to bite into if it really was an inch thick, so that made a lot of sense. Good thinking, chocolatiers.

They came in little breakable pieces:


Sooooooooooo delicious! It was so creamy yet bitter. Possibly one of the best chocolate bars I've ever had. (Sorry I took it from you, Spencer!) I have no idea where you can buy it but if I ever see it anywhere I am going to stock up on it for sure!

1 comment: