Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sun-dried Tomatoes = Bacon?

I've been wanting to make Brussel Sprouts for a really long time. I just think they're so cute!

The few recipes I found online called for either roasting them (which I don't like to do because it wastes too much gas) or had meat (bacon) in them. I decided instead to just saute them in a pan with a little bit of olive oil and salt and pepper. I also added some sun-dried tomatoes for extra color, nutrition, and flavor.

Ingredients:

about a pound of brussel sprouts
1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

Remove outer leaves of brussel sprouts if they are brown are almost coming off anyway.

Rinse sprouts.


Trim the ends of the brussel sprouts if they're really brown. I don't know if it's really necessary to do that, but I did it!

Cut up sun-dried tomatoes.


Saute the brussel sprouts on medium heat with the olive oil. Add the salt and pepper to taste and then add the sun-dried tomatoes. This whole process shouldn't take more than five minutes.

And voila!


You have a tasty and healthy side dish! I highly recommend this recipe. The sun-dried tomatoes did a great job substituting for the salty bacon and adds an extra texture into the mix.

Yum, yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment